04 April 2011

1 chicken = 3 meals = 3 words

My Mom asked me what I wanted for dinner. She let me choose between chicken and fish. Of course, I chose chicken. Chicken is a kid's thing I guess. Only, I am really not a fried chicken kind of girl. I have this thing for chicken soup that is why I am a big fan of Tinola. Mom cooks good tinola, but today she wanted to do something extra special.

Mom believes that once a chicken is thawed, it should be cooked as soon as possible. She thawed a whole chicken so she did her best putting every single part of it to good use.  She decided to make a chicken broth-turned Chicken Soup , Roasted Chicken Breast and Rosemary Chicken in Tomato Sauce.

   
Chicken Broth Soup from the bony rib part of the chicken



Before putting it in the oven...
 After 35 minutes in the oven....voila, Roasted Chicken Breast!

Mom's version of Rosemary Chicken in Tomato Sauce

So there, 1 chicken...3 meals that made me & Dad really happy. (See the smile on my face? Oh, I just love tomato sauce and cherry tomatoes)...and what did I say that made mommy really happy? Only 3 words. ..."Love you, Mom!" ;)  Those words are enough to bring Mommy to Cloud 9.