I am no royalty nor I am rich but I have ultra sensitive skin. I am allergic to to dust, pollen, perspiration,cat/dog fur, stress...among other things. My skin reacted to 26 allergens the last time I had a skin test which really scared my Mom & Dad. We have a family doctor whose clinic is just in front of our building. He specializes in family medicine. I also have an Allergist and a Dermatologist. My mom and dad are really paranoid when it comes to my health. They make sure I get the best of everything, specially medical service. Good thing there is an Allergist/ Pediatrician who lives near our apartment. His name is Dr. Uve, a German guy who is about 6 ft tall & has a villainous laugh. I don't like him even if he gives me the yummiest animal biscuits. I heard mom and dad talk about him so I know they like him because of his credentials. My dermatologist, on the other hand, is a nice petite lady whose voice reminds me of Tinkerbell. I adore her but she prescribes the most expensive medicines! Dad says I deserve the best treatment so we shouldn't look at the price tags anymore. I realized anywhere in the world, good medicines really do come in high-priced good looking packages. I think its really a good thing that we moved here in Belgium because the cold weather helped a lot to lessen my skin allergy breakouts. There is a thing called "seasonal affective disorder or SAD which is like a form of mental depression that is most common here in Europe during winter. Mom has an own version of that for me & Dad.. she calls it "Seasonal Allergic Disorder" . Simply because we get allergy attacks whenever there is a change of season like... now! Spring is the season for pollen and allergies so I expect Mom to be extra paranoid again. Hahahha! The temperature rises, the winds pick up and so the pollen levels. Thank God, my skin is really good these days! ( so Mom...Dad...stop worrying ok?)
Last year, Mom allergy proofed my room. With a heavy heart, she kept my furry stuffed toys. It was really sad because she knew how I like them. We brought all of my toys when we moved here 2 years ago including the big Teddy bear that is actually bigger than me (a gift from Aunt Den) and a big pink Care Bear (from Ninang Hazelle). They are my favorite stuffed toys. I was really sad when Mom kept them but I know it's not gonna be long 'til I get to play with them again. My doctor said it's only for the mean time. I really pray that he is right.
Here are some pics of my stuffed toys that Mom & Dad kept in our basement cave (basement stockroom).They will remain there for a while until I outgrow my allergies... :)
My Biggie Teddies
The brown Christmas bear from Grampa Mutz, the Gray Teddy from Auntie-Ninang Den & Care Bear Pink from Auntie-Ninang Hazelle
My other furry friends
Now, allow me to share with you the products my Mom & Dad use for me to ensure my glowing & allergy-free skin.
My shower companions
Eucerin Bath Oil, Galenco Shower Gel, Ducray Shampoo for Delicate Hair
My Body Creams
Cold Cream from Dr. Delvaux, Aveeno Moisturizing Cream, Eucerin Lotion, Eucerin SPF 50 Body Cream, Dermalex Cold Cream
Our Must Haves...
Eucerin Lotion and Aveeno Skin Relief Moisturizing Cream
American brands are hard to find here in Belgium. No wonder, even Mc Donalds are pretty scarce in this side of the world. Seems to me, they don't like anything American around here. I really wish they start selling Aveeno here in Belgium.
Baby Wipes, Hand Creme, Toilet Sanitizer, Hand Sanitizer and an Alcohol Spray.
Mom keeps these in her bag at all times for me. She and Dad think every time I touch something, my hands need to be washed. Is that being OC, paranoid , simply weird..or what?


