Last Sunday when she asked me if she could make a quiche for me and her dad, I quickly said yes. To my surprise, she wanted to do the real thing.
We turned to this recipe book which actually belongs to her. It was a gift from her Aunt Den when she was just 4 months old. It never came to me that at age three, she would be using this book already. Either she's growing up too fast or I'm really getting old. Sentimental and old. :)
A simple Quiche Lorraine recipe...
Aud said she wanted carrots and salami on the quiche. She thought of that..can you believe it? My little girl just thought of a way to improve her very first quiche! I have never tried using carrots as a quiche supplement. Salami, yes but not carrots. The idea was fresh for me and a bit exciting so I told her we'd give it a try.
While waiting for her quiche...she munched on some carrots.
Voila! Aud's first (carrot-salami) quiche. Pardon the black circles, they look overcooked, but they were just salami slices with melted cheese on top.
Good job Aud! Love you!