After 5 weeks in KSA, it was time to go. The trip to the airport was a quiet one for the obvious reason that their little baby will soon be flying back home. Their house will soon be quiet and mess-free. No noisy little kid singing Hannah Montana songs. No more potty seat in the toilet...No more cute little girl begging to have ice cream at the mall.
We got to the airport really early which probably explains why we were first in line to check in our luggages. Whew, that's a first for me and mom! We were early so we still had time to lounge around and relax. When it was time to say goodbye and saw everybody (yes , even the big guy Lolo Jonathan) teary-eyed, I suddenly realized I was having mixed emotions. I knew I was really excited to see my Daddy (whom I've missed big time!)... but at the same time I was also very sad to leave them. :(
Mom was in tears when we were at the boarding gate. I was the brave one who told her to stop being sad na & made her smile when I said " mom, di ba pag may goodbye, may hello? o, lets wait for the hello ulit--lapit na un!" She hugged me and told me I sounded like an adult. :)
 |
| Riyadh Int'l Airport |
 |
| Inside Riyadh Int'l Airport |
 |
| That's my Mama G & Papa Wie faking a smile. |
 |
| I already used the bag Aunt Den gave. |
 |
 |
| We arrived in Riyadh with only 1 big rolling luggage and 2 hand luggages. | | | | | | |
|
|
|
We arrived in Riyadh with only 1 big rolling luggage and 2 hand luggages. When we arrived in Brussels, we had 2 large luggages, 1 medium sized luggage , 2 hand luggages, a tote bag and 1 balikbayan box.
Yep. Guilty. Most of the stuffs we brought were mine. But of course, di pwedeng wala para kay Dad. I knew it was really hard for him to come home to an empty house everyday for five weeks so we all decided to give him some surprise pasalubongs!
 |
| The whole bag for Dad |
 |
| Dad couldn't wait to open the box... |
 |
| hooray for our new Media Com set; a gift to us from Mama G & Papa Wie |
 |
| They said we all like to sing daw kasi so this would really benefit us all. Thanks again Mama G & Papa W! We all love it! |
 |
It comes with 2 cordless microphones & stand/charger pa :) |
i missed you so much Dad!!!!
 |
| CK Be from Mama G & Papa Wie |
 |
| Dad's fave-- Burberry Weekend from moi & Mom |
 |
| Some polo shirts for Dad from me |
 |
| Ipod Shuffle to Dad from Auntie Den. |
 |
but he liked the ube hopia & mongo bread best
|
ay may isa pa pala......this. Pahabol from Papa Wie--after learning from moi that these are quite pricey here in Belgium. Dad really liked this kasi andami kong nasisira kaya dami din sya dinidikit. heehee.
We know our pasalubongs won't make up for the sadness Dad had to endure during the 5 weeks we were away. The pasalubong was our simple way of saying thanks for being so understanding about our Riyadh trip. Knowing Dad how he appreciates even the smallest things, he told us that the presents warmed his heart big time. :)
oh, and Papa & Mama got him this jacket too....
SUPER..... for a super Dad!
Speaking of presents...i think it's just noteworthy to share what this present did to my Mommy's heart....
|
| watch for mom from auntie den & uncle jek |
 |
| the sweet note on the box made mom cry. :)....nagmelt daw heart ni Mom sa sweetness nyo:) |
As for me, I told you it was my fault why we brought quite a number of luggages back home....So please allow me to share my favorite baons from the land of the amazing Arabian Sun.....
 |
| for my tastebuds |
 |
| for my skin/ health |
 |
| for the salle de bain? =) |
 |
| for my brain |
The best part of coming home aside from seeing my Daddy again? .......hmmm, unpacking & being able to give my Dad his pasalubongs!
Again, shukran to my three loves in Riyadh and of course to my number 1 love....my Dad!!!