13 June 2011

My Dad's Day


Here in Belgium, they celebrate Father's Day during the second Sunday of June. Since we have a big activity last Sunday-June 12 (story on that on a separate post), we had to celebrate Dad's Day one day in advance. What is a greater way to honor the number one guy in my life than to spend an entire day with him? So the whole Saturday was all about Dad. 
The number 1 man in my life--my Dad!
 
I know I tell you this everyday but know that I will never get tired saying this: "You're the best Dad in the whole world."
Dad couldn't resist Thai Cuisine. It's one of his faves. 
If you want to see a big smile on his face, take him to a Chinese or Thai Restaurant.
the CDs he bought using the MM gift card we gave him last Friday night
 

2 new CDs to add to your collection Dad. :)
That's not all...Shhhh.

Mom got  a little upset (Read: 1 minute-anger-kind-of thing) last Friday because I gave away our surprise. I couldn't help it! The excitement was killing me. I knew the words will just come out automatically the moment I see Dad enter the room. Believe me Mom, I tried controlling the urge to reveal our surprise...oh well, at least I tried. So you see, Dad got his gift the night before . Mom told me several times to bite my tongue but being the babblemouth that I am (sometimes lang naman,hehe) the surprise kinda' slipped out. Peace out Mom! Good thing Mom is  gift savvy, so coming up with another 'something' for the next day was just a breeze for her.

Dad had  a scheduled dinner party with his colleagues last Friday so I knew he'd arrive  past my bed time.  I just had to wait for him to come home so I just  lied on the bed pretending to be asleep.The moment I heard his voice, I ran to greet him. Dad always say that they're lucky to have a sweet daughter. To him daw, it's Father's Day everyday coz I spoil him with daily dose of i-love-u hugs and kisses. Maybe it's true that I'm sweet but it's because Dad deserves all the sweetness a lucky three year old daughter can give him. You see, Dad isn't a typical Dad. He is warm and  affectionate. He's very generous in giving praises and in saying 'i love you'.  I am not sure if I am allowed to say this but I am not the only hugger in the house. My Dad is a big fan of bear hugs and butterfly kisses. I am proud to have a Dad who wears his endearments on his sleeve. He is never good at hiding his feelings. (it could be good or bad, i know heehee)  But Mom and I think THAT is what makes him a great Dad. :)
Proud to be my Daddy's Girl
 giving Dad his present
(I'm never good at waiting..tsk, tsk) 

I told you about the 'something' Mom has to come up with ...just so Dad could open something on the eve of Father's Day?








Here it is. I was already sleeping when she gave him this. Probably to make sure, I won't spoil another surprise, heehee.


You hear this from us everyday so maybe this won't sound extraordinary anymore... 
WE LOVE YOU DAD! 
 Mom and I are truly lucky to have you in our lives.  I know we have told you ' i love you' like a zillion times so allow me to be a little unique this time...
ASpecial  Note to a One Special Dad:
Thank you Dad for always making us feel loved and special.  I know that in life, you only get to have one special hero. Like how you are Mom's Knight in Shining Armor. Mom already gave you that title so I'll try to be a little different. Hmmm, how about  'My Superman'? Your supernatural ability to make everything okay makes you deserving of such title. When you are around, we feel secure. We know you will always be there for us. If by any chance things get awry , we know we can always count on you to cushion the blow. So before I get affected with the 'teenage angst/rebellion syndrome'...i ask your forgiveness and understanding in advance.  Rest assured, I WILL FOREVER BE YOUR LITTLE GIRL. I know I will always look up to you. . We are so proud of you and we love you to bits!

I love you Daddy.
We love you...always have & always will.

PS: a separate entry for Papa W & Lolo M :)