09 March 2012

Moroccan Theme Week School Activity

As part of our Moroccan theme week in school, we had to  witness up close and personal some  Moroccan culture. We visited a Moroccan store that sells so many kinds of lamps, oils, ceramics, beans etc etc..We also went to a textile store, a Moroccan meat shop and of course a Moroccan bakery where we had some first hand experience on how to eat & drink the Moroccan way. We had a taste on how exquisite Moroccan patisserie really is. 

I made Mom promise me to join me in this activity . With ust one pretty please from her little lady, she obliged. Hard as it was for her to rcommute and ride the train with us, she still managed to  pull through.  We had to walk a long stretch of stores before we arrived to our first destination. She patiently walked with the rest of us and even managed to make some new mommy friends. I knew it was difficult considering how heavy my little brother is these days, but she still did it ...all for the love of her not-so-little one-----moi! 
Hm mm, but I really think it wasn't all that difficult!  She asked Juf if she could just park the car near the tram station (great thinking Mom!). Doing that, she was able to skip the 2km walk from our school.  Ovaltine kid talaga Mommy ko! I ,on the other hand, had to endure the 4km walk with my classmates, 2 teachers, 1 school director & 4 mommies. Juf Veerle only spared Mom of the agonizing long walk...because she's the one with a humongous belly!  I have a real nice Juf right? :)

Anyway, Tita Landz--if you're reading this...thank you for the cute sjaal you gave me for Christmas. I wore it today! :) i <3 it!

while waiting for the tram
inside the tram with Kenza & Zwaila


Juf Veerle checking out some cloth





inside the Moroccan store




mom loved the tea

mom with her mommy chums

while waiting for our tram on our way back to school
 It was a great experience. The trip really helped us a lot to know more about Morocco's rich culture. I am looking forward to another school activity like this. 

Oh I really wish we´ll have an Asian theme or something. (wishful thinking)